BenchSentry Limited Package Theft Guarantee
If a delivered package is stolen out of your locked BenchSentry Package Vault, BenchSentry Inc. will pay you the cost of the package (excluding tax and shipping), up to the maximum amount of $500, subject to the limitations and conditions that follow.
- This Limited Package Theft Guarantee applies only for use of your BenchSentry Package Vault (your “vault”) to secure parcels (“packages”) delivered to your residence or place of business by a commercial carrier, courier or delivery service (a “carrier”) during the duration of time (as limited below) between confirmed delivery of the package and your retrieval of it from the vault. It does not apply for items placed or stored in your vault by anyone other than a carrier in connection with the delivery of a package.
- In order for this Limited Package Theft Guarantee to be available, BenchSentry Inc. must be able to (1) verify on our cloud system the entry by the carrier of the package’s tracking number, (2) match with the delivery date and code by carrier to confirm date and time of delivery, and (3) verify the opening of the vault by app or homeowner code following delivery. Accordingly, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, this Limited Package Theft Guarantee will be valid only if the following conditions are met:
- A user must have input the package’s tracking number using the “Add New Delivery” function in the BenchSentry app prior to the package’s delivery.
- The carrier that delivered the package must have placed the package inside your vault after unlocking your vault using the package’s tracking number.
- The setting for your vault must have been “Always locked” at the time of delivery, and the vault must have locked after the package was placed inside it by the carrier.
- Following such delivery, no user unlocked the vault prior to the opening of the vault by app or homeowner code for the purpose of retrieving the package from the vault.
- In order to be eligible for this Limited Package Theft Guarantee, you must:
- Report the package theft to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within seven days of the package’s delivery (to be conclusively established by the carrier’s tracking information or delivery verification), regardless of the date that the package theft occurred.
- Provide your order confirmation, sales receipt or similar proof of purchase for your vault. (We may, in our sole discretion, waive this requirement if we can verify your purchase of the vault in our records).
- Provide your (1) order confirmation, sales receipt, invoice, or similar proof of purchase, and (2) shipping confirmation, for the stolen package.
- Provide pictures* of your vault evidencing that it was broken into or opened by force in connection with the package theft.
*BenchSentry Inc. reserves the right to request that you send us the vault itself for inspection in connection with a claim, in which case we will provide you with a prepaid return shipping label for your vault.
- After BenchSentry Inc. has timely received your theft report and the other information described above, we will instruct you of any further steps necessary to process your claim. We reserve the right to fully investigate your claim and request additional information that we deem necessary to determine the validity of a claim. We reserve the right to deny claims that we cannot substantiate or that we determine, in our sole discretion, to be fraudulent, false or misleading.
- If BenchSentry Inc. determines, in its sole discretion, that your stolen package is eligible for this Limited Package Theft Guarantee, then we will pay you the lesser of: (1) the amount that you actually paid for the items contained in the stolen package (as indicated on the proof of purchase that you provide to us), excluding any tax and/or shipping charges; and (2) $500. In no event will BenchSentry Inc. be liable to pay you more than $500 pursuant to this Limited Package Theft Guarantee.
This Limited Package Theft Guarantee offers you limited protection in circumstances only where a package is stolen from inside of your locked vault in connection with your vault being unlawfully broken into or opened by force. This Limited Package Theft Guarantee does not apply to:
- Packages left outside your vault, or left inside your unlocked vault, whether due to carrier negligence, your failure to activate the vault’s “Always locked” setting, or otherwise.
- Damage to the vault itself (whether due to break-in or otherwise).
- Damage to packages, or to the contents of packages, secured in the vault but not stolen (whether due to attempted break-in or otherwise).
- Theft of the vault itself. Claims in which the vault itself is stolen will be denied, even if a package was inside the vault at the time of theft. It is your responsibility to secure your vault (for example, by anchoring it to your porch with bolts).
- This Limited Package Theft Guarantee is available only for packages delivered to an address within the United States.
- This Limited Package Theft Guarantee applies only to the original purchaser of the vault for a period of five years from the purchase of your vault.
- Any misuse or abuse of, prior damage to, or modifying or tampering with, your vault which alters or affects its use or operation voids this Limited Package Theft Guarantee.
- This Limited Package Theft Guarantee is not to be construed as insurance. You are encouraged to obtain appropriate insurance coverage (e.g. homeowners insurance, renters insurance) from the insurance company of choosing.
- BenchSentry reserves the right, at any time, to refund you the original purchase price of your vault, provide you with a prepaid return shipping label for your vault (which you must return to us in order to receive your refund), and discontinue all services to you.