INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information as necessary to enable us to identify you and respond to your requests for our products and services, to provide and improve them, and to send you information and support from time to time. When you use services on our Site, the mobile application, or a BenchSentry product, you may be asked to submit information such as name, email address, address, phone number, your firmware version, any carrier tracking numbers, custom entry codes, and areas of interest. We may also ask you where you have purchased our products and for other information that will help us understand more about your needs or help us process your request for information.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
• Cookies - We may log information using "cookies", which are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website (“Cookies”). We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
• Log Files - “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
• Web Beacons, Tags, and Pixels - “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
• Help Desk Support - If you use our help desk, you may be asked for personal information such as name and email address as well as product name, firmware version and other information related to your computer and your network environment to help us determine what the technical issues are and how best to help you resolve them.
• Product Registration - Registration information may include personal information such as name and email address and other information related to our products such as model name, serial number and proof of purchase.
• Warranty Services - If you would like to return a product for repair under warranty, you may be asked for personal information such as name, address, phone number and other information related to our products including model name, serial number and proof of purchase.
• Newsletter - When you subscribe to receive newsletters from BenchSentry, we will ask you for your email address to enable us to process your request and to send you information regarding our products and services.
• Purchases - When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers and PayPal account information) email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
Stored information may be deleted in the following ways:
• Order Information – Certain Order Information can be deleted using certain web interfaces, but some information can only be deleted by our staff members.
• Help Desk Ticket - The tickets can be viewed online after login in the Tickets menu. To delete one or all of your tickets from our system, please submit a new ticket or reply to an existing ticket and let us know which information you would like to have deleted.
• Product Registration - Any products you have registered can be viewed and deleted by BenchSentry staff.
• Newsletter - To remove your email address from our newsletter list, please click on the "Unsubscribe" link in any of the newsletter messages you have received from us.
• Member Account - You can edit your profile after login in the User Menu under My Details. To completely delete your account, we will have to also remove all relevant information that you have previously submitted. If you would like to do that, either let us know through our help desk or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use your Personal Information as follows:
• We use your Order Information to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
• We use your Personal Information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
• We use your Personal Information to process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
• We use your Personal Information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
• We use your Personal Information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
• We use your Personal Information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
• We use your Personal Information to link or combine user information with other Personal Information.
• We use your Personal Information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
• We use your Personal Information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations; to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive; or to otherwise protect our rights.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
We care about protecting the online privacy of children. We will not intentionally collect any personal information (such as a child's name or e-mail address) from children under the age of 13. If you think that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is hosted in the United States. If you choose to use the Site from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the United States to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Site. By providing any information, including Personal Information, on or through the Site, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Modified: October 8, 2018